Tuesday, January 12, 2010

You Can't Help But Worry

I started having some spotting yesterday. I spotted with both the boys, so I was trying to tell myself that I shouldn't worry, it's probably nothing, just like before. Yeah right. No matter how hard you try, you just can't help but worry. I went to the OB clinic, just to be safe. They took a blood test to check my hormone levels, they are consistent with how far along I am, but they won't know anything definitive until Wednesday, when they take another blood test and compare my levels. They should be going up. They also did an ultrasound to have a look around. We saw the amniotic sac, and the little tiny spot that is the baby. The doctor said everything *looks* fine, but as it's still too soon for a heartbeat, it's hard to tell anything for sure. I'm going back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound, we should be able to see the heartbeat then, and I'll feel a lot better. So for now, I'm just trying to take it easy, and not worry too much, even though that's pretty much impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment